Junglebee09 a.k.a. Hope
Thank you for those lovely process videos that you post on YouTube. I’ve been struggling to paint faces for a few years now, and watching your videos finally made it click for me. Noses are especially difficult, but you made them make sense. You have helped me artistically improve, and I appreciate that.
I really appreciate you letting me throw all kinds of art at you. I’m sure it must be tiring. I was just so excited to finally figure out how to paint faces I had to show someone, and I knew that you of all people would understand. Thanks again, Roy.
Thank you for listening to me and helping me revamp Tsuriai. You know what those characters mean to me, and how often I used to draw them. Being able to draw them again is a relief and a pleasure. Thank you so much!
Thank you for the beautiful orchids and the chocolates. You know you didn’t have to get anything for me. I would’ve been happy with a simple video chat. But no. You have to try and spoil me.
Stay safe. I love you.
Server Dude at Gloria’s
Thank you for trying to weaken my margarita on the rocks. Despite your best attempts at leveling down that drink, with the tequila game was too strong and I had to tap out. I know it was top shelf, but I have been 21 for all of one month. It was too much too soon. I cannot yet play with the big dogs. I will return them when my liver is stronger and my stomach lining less fragile.
Love and smiles,
PS-also, a big thanks for mom for our Valentine’s day outing. That was way super fun, even though I couldn’t quite finish that margarita. I really enjoy going out with you. So many love.
ALS is a pretty rough disease that is very grounding. I can’t leave the house by myself, I can’t drive, and I can’t do things that I really used to love to do, so most of my time is spent on the computer or in a book. That doesn’t mean my life sucks, though. I don’t think it sucks at all. It just really helps me slow down and look forward to the “sometimes” parts of life. The “Sometimes” are little highlights that I don’t really get too often, even though they’re some of my favorite things. A good example would be my friends. Most of them go to school and work, so I hardly ever get to see them. Right now, my BFF Sydney is in town, so she is a definite “Sometime” I get to look forward to.
Some of my favorite Sometimes are:
- Going to games in Greenville. I love going to these games. They’re on Sundays, and all of my dude friends are there, including my man’s dad, whom I love.
- Chilling with my girl friends. One goes to school in Louisiana, the other lives nearby but she has college and work, so I don’t get to see her very often.
- Maple Cream Cookies, my favorite. Bless you, Canada.
- Food Trucks. Oh my goodness. Ruthie’s Rolling Café has grilled cheeses and something called slob sauce that is just… I really love food, okay?
- My Man, who is currently working very hard to put himself through school in Tulsa. We’ve been together for four years, and he is very sweet, very caring and very ornery. The last time I saw him was in August, and I miss his face.
- Letting my dog, Kip, lick peanut butter off the spoon. I cannot accurately express how much joy this gives me. If you have a dog and have not let him lick peanut butter from a spoon, you should. It is the best. 10 out of 10 dogs would recommend it. Dogs love it and so will you. Dogs and peanut butter do a happy Alexis make.
There are more, these are just a few that come to mind. I also really love going outside and going to the art museum and will write separately about those activities as there is much to say about each.
Of course, I could write sonnets about food, but that would be a dirty rotten tease, wouldn’t it?
I’d like to know some of your favorite “Sometimes” if you’d like to share! Just leave a comment below!
As always, have a smile on me!