ALS is a pretty rough disease that is very grounding. I can’t leave the house by myself, I can’t drive, and I can’t do things that I really used to love to do, so most of my time is spent on the computer or in a book. That doesn’t mean my life sucks, though. I don’t think it sucks at all. It just really helps me slow down and look forward to the “sometimes” parts of life. The “Sometimes” are little highlights that I don’t really get too often, even though they’re some of my favorite things. A good example would be my friends. Most of them go to school and work, so I hardly ever get to see them. Right now, my BFF Sydney is in town, so she is a definite “Sometime” I get to look forward to.
Some of my favorite Sometimes are:
- Going to games in Greenville. I love going to these games. They’re on Sundays, and all of my dude friends are there, including my man’s dad, whom I love.
- Chilling with my girl friends. One goes to school in Louisiana, the other lives nearby but she has college and work, so I don’t get to see her very often.
- Maple Cream Cookies, my favorite. Bless you, Canada.
- Food Trucks. Oh my goodness. Ruthie’s Rolling Café has grilled cheeses and something called slob sauce that is just… I really love food, okay?
- My Man, who is currently working very hard to put himself through school in Tulsa. We’ve been together for four years, and he is very sweet, very caring and very ornery. The last time I saw him was in August, and I miss his face.
- Letting my dog, Kip, lick peanut butter off the spoon. I cannot accurately express how much joy this gives me. If you have a dog and have not let him lick peanut butter from a spoon, you should. It is the best. 10 out of 10 dogs would recommend it. Dogs love it and so will you. Dogs and peanut butter do a happy Alexis make.
There are more, these are just a few that come to mind. I also really love going outside and going to the art museum and will write separately about those activities as there is much to say about each.
Of course, I could write sonnets about food, but that would be a dirty rotten tease, wouldn’t it?
I’d like to know some of your favorite “Sometimes” if you’d like to share! Just leave a comment below!
As always, have a smile on me!